A key theme that has come out of my coaching sessions over the last week has been communication and getting it right. Leaders who I am working with are concerned that they are engaging with their staff in the right way and want to ensure that they are communicating well and listening to their teams during a very difficult period of time.
As a leader they are wanting to be authentic and to maintain the trust of their employees.
The key areas of communication that the leaders and managers I am supporting are wanting to take forward are:-
- Making communication the top priority
- Being open, honest and transparent as much as they can
- Giving their staff even more opportunity to put forward ideas, concerns, questions and opinions and to have these answered in good time
- Ensuring that messages are clear and concise and that they are being understood
- Delivering communication that is very regular even if there is not always a lot to say
Having a visible leader and hearing from them on a regular basis even if there is not always a lot to say in my experience is so important.