Having the right mindset and beliefs are key to starting a business but for many of us there is so much more to this than simply having a great business idea and a plan full of actions.
A growth mindset along with belief and motivation is important to start, run and grow a business. In talking with my coaching clients everyone has a slightly different view of what they feel their mindset needs to be for their journey ahead but overall they know it is about developing their skills, tackling their limiting beliefs and often adjusting the way they think.
I like the 10 steps to achieve a growth mindset in business in the August 2020 article on Entrepreneur.com.
- Be 100 percent accountable
- Do not be concerned with what others have
- Become an expert in your field
- Don’t focus on your failures
- Do the work and put in the time
- Do what you love for the people who love what you do
- Don’t focus on money
- Achieve your outcomes quickly
- Be grateful for what you have
- Become self aware and understand your purpose
For me becoming even more self aware and understanding my purpose have been powerful in running my own business.
But which of these items resonate with you the most?